Stero Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

axo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi first time posting here, I posted a few times of the old forum but came to realize the other day it was no more, but after a little searching I found this one:Handshake:

But back to my problem, 1998 yukon, several months ago the stereo would go on the fritz. When I would start the truck sometimes the volume would be maxed out other times it would be extremely low and most of the time there just wouldn't be any sound no matter where the volume control was set. Sometimes it would go like 2-3 weeks without working and then one day I would get in and it would work great and than the next day it wouldn't work. Well it hasn't worked for probably 2 months straight, which never really bothered me because I don't do much long driving in the truck, well in little over a week its going on a decent sized road trip and not having a radio is really gonna suck. So if anyone has any suggestions/ideas on what to check or what might be the problem I would greatly appreciate it!

Also maybe on a related note, the drivers side brake light/turn signal will not work now either, i've checked fuses/bulbs and thats not the probably. The running light works fine, so I don't know if the 2 issues are being caused by the same problem. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any help.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
the bulb might not being gettin a clean signal thru the circuit board. I had to clean off the board itself on my truck.

as for the radio it sounds like the radio itself is prolly bad. all your symptoms seem internal to the radio.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bulb might not being gettin a clean signal thru the circuit board. I had to clean off the board itself on my truck.

as for the radio it sounds like the radio itself is prolly bad. all your symptoms seem internal to the radio.

:signs75: other than i don't remember my 96 having the circuit boards on the tail lights like the older trucks did. :think:

OP
OP
A

axo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled the stereo out today, found one at a junk yard for 45 bucks so hopefully that fixes it. On a side note, I was at the shop replacing the powersteering pump and when i finished it was dark out, I had forgotten that I had taken the dash apart and left it at the house...so i couldn't turn on my lights lol.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Tail lights use a circuit board, and the bulbs sit in that. Stupid design.

I would check all your ground connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz