Steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riobak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My steering wheel seems to be just a bit too far from my comfortable reach . Is anyone else having this problem ? I should say I am 6’4” , I have my seat back as far as it will go and I have the wheel set as far forward and down as it will go. It still seems a bit far.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First: Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Second: I am 6'4" myself and I have no problems. Your explanation makes no sense to me. If it is "too far for my comfortable reach", to me that means you need to be closer. Move the seat forward or readjust steering wheel closer to you. Unless of course I am missing something in your explanation.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Second: I am 6'4" myself and I have no problems. Your explanation makes no sense to me. If it is "too far for my comfortable reach", to me that means you need to be closer. Move the seat forward or readjust steering wheel closer to you. Unless of course I am missing something in your explanation.

I think you are missing something. Sounds like OP is some sort of T-Rex with long legs and short arms? :Big Laugh:

When the seat is at a comfortable distance for his legs, the steering wheel is still too far away.

OP
OP
R

Riobak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Hi, thanks for the response and greeting. I guess my problem is that where I am comfortable with my seat position, which is all the way back and slightly reclined, but while in this position the steering wheel is just a bit further away from my reach than I would like. I have adjusted the wheel to go as far forward and down as it will allow. I’m not sure there is anything more that I can do but I just wanted to see if anyone was experiencing the same issue.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree with Riobak. I am 6' with long legs. Seat all the way up/back and I wish steering telescoped out further. Actually, if they didn't do away with adjustable pedals it would be great.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you say "forward" about the steering wheel, that to me means forward=as in away from you toward the front front of vehicle, closer to dash.

OP
OP
R

Riobak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you say "forward" about the steering wheel, that to me means forward=as in away from you toward the front front of vehicle, closer to dash.

Sorry , I meant forward as in towards the driver.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, now I understand. To me that would be adjusted back toward the driver. Shorter arms then.

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
Yes, I wish the steering wheel would come more towards me than it does. It's a further reach than I prefer.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had the seat all the way back I would not be able to reach the pedals. Never had any issues with the wheel.