Steering Wheel Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidbeaver1

Reaction score
I'm replacing the steering wheel controls on my 05 Tahoe LT with an LED version (factory bulbs burned out) and I wanted to know where some of you have ordered yours from. I recently ordered a set off of Amazon and once they were installed, the buttons didn't work as they were labeled. In other words, the volume control button now controlled the track select, etc. It seems that even though they look like the correct buttons, they are intended for another Chevrolet vehicle. I figured if you folks had success in getting them from some place specific, I would just order a set from there. It may also be that I can just order the grain of wheat bulbs and replace them, but would rather have LED if possible.

Thanks for any advise you can provide.
Dave

onthelake

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Tahoe and I have learned over time that those vehicles are not really designed for any led lighting. I would just go back to an oem lamp and see what happens. You might just be surprised. And how long has your Tahoe and how many times have you had to change those lamps in the steering wheel. I have just over 130,000 on mine and those lamps are still working.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple lights out on the steering wheel controls, but I will keep them until they stop doing what they are supposed to do. They are easy enough to locate in the dark just by feel. Since I don't look at them really, the fact they don't light up doesn't bother me. If the switches stop working, then I'll change them out.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really not that hard to replace the bulbs. The switches come apart pretty easily. If you can solder, simply get some bulbs off Amazon or ebay and unsolder the burned-out bulbs and solder in new ones.

TIP: If you are doing this go ahead and change them all. When they are old the handling of removing, disassembling and reassembling everything will, in my experience, damage the filaments in one or more of the good bulbs. Then you have to take it all apart again to replace those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe