Stealth Subwoofer options behind 3rd row - suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crossdw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LT with 3rd row. I would like to install a subwoofer but don't want a box taking up extra space, or something I have to move around every time I load cargo. I know Rockford Fosgate and Pioneer both make an ultra-low profile sub - has anyone experimented with building a box that will fit either into or in replacement of the storage box located in the "floor" between the rear hatch door and the base of the 3rd row seat?

The factory storage compartment measures about 44" long, 12" wide, and about 4" deep but has an unusual shape. I have not removed it yet to see if there is additional space underneath it. Both speakers require about 0.5 cu ft of airspace. I would like to go with a 12" sub if possible but may have to settle for a 10".

If you've done this please send pics or details on how you built the box and whether you removed the factory cargo box or built your box to fit inside it.

Thanks

nadroj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I came across this subwoofer box. I am tempted to try it out. The subs they recommend seem good in terms of brand, power handling and fitting the mounting depth. (I have looked for others that would fit, not easy or not a low of power handling). Aside from the 2 amps they recommend, I believe a alpine pdx-m12 would also work, and can be found for less...
I may go this route... I only had my escalade a couple of weeks, but the mod bug is bitting.

If anything, the rear bin tray does seem to be an option, maybe a simple box with a little more height.. I don't want to make loading harder either though.
There are two bolts that hold the tray in place, which do seem like a good way to secure the box to the vehicle as well.
https://shop.wickedcas.com/cadillac...er-enclosure-stealth-storage-bin-sub-box.html
IMG_0034.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019