Stabilitrak light blinking NO Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dnt1010

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog on one side and cannot remember on other but it was doing the same before the front wheel bearing change outs. I never thought about the REAR wheel speed sensors I will do a close up inspection on those. Thanks for the input.
I have driven it for over 17k miles and the issue has not improved or worsened so that leads me away from any electrical type connection it is to consistent and seem to point to an I/O problem with the data somewhere in the system. I would like to have a tech2 for myself, I may just have to spring for one.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moog on one side and cannot remember on other but it was doing the same before the front wheel bearing change outs. I never thought about the REAR wheel speed sensors I will do a close up inspection on those. Thanks for the input.
I have driven it for over 17k miles and the issue has not improved or worsened so that leads me away from any electrical type connection it is to consistent and seem to point to an I/O problem with the data somewhere in the system. I would like to have a tech2 for myself, I may just have to spring for one.

Alright then, zero in on those rear sensors and see if one is loose or being affected by something back there and let us know. Spring for the Tech-2, it will pay for itself in short order, especially with a Hybrid.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oem hub the main issue is you should be able to pretty much drive reckless with out it activating (or at lest being annoying). make sure the battery posts are secure

loose battery posts can cause random electrical problems ..

It's funny how many of the users here will change random parts to try and fix something..

I try to always make sure the part i'm replacing is actually the problem part...

but this seems to apply to you

it's the latest version on the TSB
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10145486-9999.pdf

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the stabiltrac light is coming on or flashing then there has to be a reason why and the tech2 should see it even if it is not saving a code, I would try to log the data while driving. I might also try pulling the abs fuse and take it for another drive and see if the problem goes away or not. Otherwise I would monitor various live data while driving and see what is up.
maybe even put it on 4 jack stands and put it in gear and try turning the steering wheel all the way each way various times while watching the data on the tech2
does it only do it when turning left? or does it only do it turning right? or does it do it either way?
you may be able to individually test the steering wheel sensor and/or yaw sensor with the tech2

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dhould have asked him even the tires are worn evenly he has 4x4

but make sure it's in the correct selection as the POWER motor on the 4x4 can go out

OP
OP
dnt1010

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is the lift kit that was installed causing the problem since it occurs whether turning right of left at about the same degree of lean and steering input on a hard turn. It just looks so cool lifted that I hate to change it so at some point I may have a shop do a proper lift on it so the suspension is not all jacked out of alignment which I suspect is what is causing the stabiltrac sensitivity.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is the lift kit that was installed causing the problem since it occurs whether turning right of left at about the same degree of lean and steering input on a hard turn. It just looks so cool lifted that I hate to change it so at some point I may have a shop do a proper lift on it so the suspension is not all jacked out of alignment which I suspect is what is causing the stabiltrac sensitivity.
have your tried resetting the system

by Initializing the StabiliTrak??? so it can "relearn"

OP
OP
dnt1010

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I did not know there was a way to do a Stabiltrak relearn. Would give it a try if special equipment is not required?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try pressing the button on the lower part below the A/C controller

mine had the light on but I forced a relearn on it everything is good so far press the button (might be stiff due to the lack of use) hold it tell it turns off then turn off the engine then turn it back on then turn it off and on again this clear the light off of mine after battery went dead

Last edited:
OP
OP
dnt1010

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. I will check that out and see if mine has a button there I don't recall seeing anything but I was not looking either.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans