Squeaky Creaking Noise In Rear Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoe_Tito

Tahoe_Tito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the dealership went from “it’s the rotors” to “it’s the struts” to finally “it’s the spring”!

They said the rear spring wasn’t sitting properly so they readjusted it and boom, noise gone.

Drove it home and didn’t notice any noise coming from the rear anymore. So far it looks like that was the problem.. Strange, wonder how that could of happened or if it’s always been that way.

Denali12

Reaction score
Sway Bar mounts on the Axle.

You prob just need a full Chassis Lube and it'll be nice and quiet.

Agree... I had this happen a few years ago. The sway bar came out of the rubber bushings. Replaced them both & lubed everything up. Problem solved

Rich16LTZ

Reaction score
My 2016 squeaked, it was the shocks. The rubber piece on the top squeaking against the bottom half. Sprayed some WD-40 all around it and hasn't squeaked since.

MrJon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the dealership went from “it’s the rotors” to “it’s the struts” to finally “it’s the spring”!

They said the rear spring wasn’t sitting properly so they readjusted it and boom, noise gone.

Drove it home and didn’t notice any noise coming from the rear anymore. So far it looks like that was the problem.. Strange, wonder how that could of happened or if it’s always been that way.

I had the same noise you described in my 2017 Tahoe. Only when making a right turn and the right rear suspension would flex. Dealer replaced the right rear spring and insulators. Noise gone and covered under warranty. They don't know why it happened.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie to the Chevy world. Brought a 2016 Tahoe LS with 70k miles about 3 weeks

Didn’t notice at first, but there’s a squeaky creaking noise coming from the rear ...

]

I had the same problem...til I finally put my mother-in-law to the curb!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Lalo

Reaction score
I have the same problem came back from a 3000 mile road trip , at least half of it in the rain < and noticed the squeaking sounds getting worse . I tried lubing up all suspension bushings with some spray silicone grease seemed to work for a while but noise is coming back , I may have to try the parking brake cables to see if that will fix it .

DallasTahoe1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They used a zip tie to keep the emergency brake line from rubbing against something. Squeak gone.
I have the same creaking/squeak problem from the rear end. I looked but couldn’t find a video or schematic of where to zip tie or tape the cables..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne