Spindles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if 07 spindles will work on my 06? The lower ball joint part numbers are the same for both trucks and I have read on here that you can use 07+ brakes on the 01-06 spindles. What I don’t know is if the upper ball joints are the same. I have a chance to get 2” spindles from an 07 for free.

OP
OP
Metalshapes

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So.... no one I guess? While the younger me would agree with you 100%, the old me doesn’t need practice, not very many people know what their time is actually worth but I do. Hours invested in a “who knows? Let’s find out” approach translates directly to productive hours lost on other areas of the truck.

OP
OP
Metalshapes

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anyone that wanted to know, I called belltech and found out the spindles are the same with the exception of the outer tie rods, the tapers between the two are different. Not sure if you can use 07 tie rod ends on 06 inners but that is less labor intensive to find out than swapping spindles to find that out.

OP
OP
Metalshapes

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Possibly, I still have a little homework to do which is generally impossible during the week thanks to the full time job. You know 5 fine days a week ruined by responsibility.

OP
OP
Metalshapes

Metalshapes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I get a little further along there will be a build thread, as of the moment I can make a thread faster than I can gather funds and time to actually make the thread interesting