Sound when accelerating and turning. Whirring sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan1313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought this car from the dealership 2 weeks ago, it was sounding fine. They offered to detail clean it and do an oil change but when I got it back, there was noise that wasn't there before

The sound

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought this car from the dealership 2 weeks ago, it was sounding fine. They offered to detail clean it and do an oil change but when I got it back, there was noise that wasn't there before

The sound
Year, mileage, any service history documented?

Sounds to my ear like either an induction leak or a noisy fluid pump - either power steering or in the transmission. No way to know with just a driving video like that. Can you tell roughly where it's coming from.

OP
OP
R

ryan1313

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Year, mileage, any service history documented?

Sounds to my ear like either an induction leak or a noisy fluid pump - either power steering or in the transmission. No way to know with just a driving video like that. Can you tell roughly where it's coming from.
2011, 190241, no service history documented

It sounds like it's coming from the driver side, under the hood, and behind the steering wheel

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^X2^^
First thing I thought was power steering pump too.. It is on the driver's side.. and it does have to do with turning..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore