Solved: Headlight switch parts inside - brass circle? Where does it go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy.

A while back, followed this thread to clean the contacts on my headlight switch: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/fix-headlight-dimmer-switch-not-replace.131439/

Dimmer started getting wonky again, so pulled it to clean and put down a layer of grease. Stupidly wasn’t paying full attention when separating the pcb and a small circular brass (copper?) piece fell out and it isn’t evident where to replace. I put it together without and things seem to work but I’d like to have it back in its home.

Any ideas?

Disregard the animal hair in my pictures, please.

IMG_2912.jpegIMG_2913.jpegIMG_2914.jpeg

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's likely in the right place if the dome override button locks in and out correctly. It goes between the override button case and the switch case. 1st pic shows it without the spring in place. 2nd pic with spring.

cisk 4.jpg

disk 2.jpg

OP
OP
mattbta

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I saw some grease in that area but when I just dropped it in, it didn’t stay. And you’re right, dime overuse doesn’t stay pressed in without it.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's part of the latch system that the button uses, but you know that! ;)

OP
OP
mattbta

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Google-fu is stronger than mine on this one. Those pics helped a ton. Already got it back together.

bingo-cousin-eddie.gif

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your Google-fu is stronger than mine on this one. Those pics helped a ton. Already got it back together.

View attachment 405999

Google not required, and I never found anything that showed it. Been there with my switch, had the same question and figured it out. Verified with an OE switch for comparison.

OP
OP
mattbta

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I took pics last summer the first time around but none found. Lesson learned!

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019