SO hot inside these things WHY??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darker colors absorb the heat from the sun.
You got that right. My 84 Bronco had a split paint job. Black on the top silver on the bottom with red trim all around. It was really hot, so much I bought a clip on fan from WalMart to circulate the air and cool it off a little. My 1999 Tahoe was a Silver color, I believe they called it Plenum. It wasn't that much different from the Bronco temperature wise, but the AC blew ice junks so it cooled off quickly. Now I have an all white 2012 Yukon and it still gets hot, but not nearly as hot as the Bronco or Tahoe. And the AC is really cold as the wife is always asking me to "Turn It Down!" What can I say, I like to be comfortable & cool when driving and when I'm sleeping. I can always pull the comforter up if I'm chilly. That's only if the wife hasn't taken it and wrapped herself in it!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You got that right. My 84 Bronco had a split paint job. Black on the top silver on the bottom with red trim all around. It was really hot, so much I bought a clip on fan from WalMart to circulate the air and cool it off a little. My 1999 Tahoe was a Silver color, I believe they called it Plenum. It wasn't that much different from the Bronco temperature wise, but the AC blew ice junks so it cooled off quickly. Now I have an all white 2012 Yukon and it still gets hot, but not nearly as hot as the Bronco or Tahoe. And the AC is really cold as the wife is always asking me to "Turn It Down!" What can I say, I like to be comfortable & cool when driving and when I'm sleeping. I can always pull the comforter up if I'm chilly. That's only if the wife hasn't taken it and wrapped herself in it!
Same here. I'd much rather be cold then hot. You can always put something on, but you can only take so much off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS

Latest posts