So, dealer is finally telling me my order can be placed and only constraint is floor mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmsnickers

Reaction score
My original order was for a '22 satin steel Z71 Tahoe with pretty much everything including the bigger engine. No word on ability to submit since I put my deposit down (with no price protection) in Feb. Today the dealer pinged me to advise he can submit my order as-is for a '23 with no constraints except the floor mats and the color.

I'm torn...I want to get my truck but I don't want to submit an order without knowing new pricing, without seeing the color that replaces satin steel (sterling gray metallic/GXD?), and without details on Super Cruise other than it being not available right now.

Thoughts?

Wileybird03

Reaction score
My 22 Denali ultimate never got picked up(sept 7 order date). Called n switched to ultimate so we shall see if I get a 23 this year‍♂️

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Wileybird03 If u never asked your dealer to take off RSE, that's the main reason your order never got picked up.

@rmsnickers if you are considering the items that are being added for '23 like super cruise, from the sounds of it they won't be available until December-ish at earliest ..... so you have to evaluate do you NEED a new rig now, or just want one and can wait to get all the options you want? Plus if your dealer was doing things the correct way, you can adjust your order after the '23 books open up and adjust accordingly, since they have not received any pricing let alone allocations. End of the day, I would wait for the '23 books and re-evaluate with your dealer when more info comes out from GM

OP
OP
R

rmsnickers

Reaction score
Satin steel is discontinued for the 23’s
Correct, replaced with whatever sterling gray metallic/GXD is....would love to see it in person but no idea what rides have it as nothing in local inventory matches that color. When I picked satin steel, I didn't like the evergreen (too green) or the dark ash (too blue). Hoping this new color fits the bill but hesitant to order without seeing it in person. If I knew what it looked like, I'd be comfortable just ordering now (skipping the super cruise) despite the unknown MSRP.

mplunk

Reaction score
It's the same color they have on the Escalade V that they revealed. Looks similar to Satin Steel maybe a little lighter.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I hope wife likes that color. If not, dark ash or the new radiant red tintcoat will be what she picks.

OP
OP
R

rmsnickers

Reaction score
Yeah, tough to tell how different it is from the satin steel but looks really nice! I just told my dealer to put in my order and I'm not waiting for MSRP to be announced; just gave the list of what I want with sterling gray as the color so we shall see what he comes back with on tuesday (when they enter orders) that is on constraint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE