Silverado struts vs Tahoe struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched, and swear I've seen it discussed in the past.

Will the Silverado 14+ front strut/spring assembly fit in a 15+ Tahoe? Someone locally has a set of the loaded Rough Country 2" leveling struts. It appears that they have different model numbers for the Truck and SUV on their website.

Also looking for rear shocks. I assume the rear are different between the Truck and SUV.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've attached a photo to show how bad I need something to level up the front. It would probably be a huge upgrade over the factory original shocks (currently have 210k miles on them!) with my heavy 12ply 265-70r18 Kanati Armor Hogs.

Attachments

• 20230706_184303.jpg
    20230706_184303.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 17

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched, and swear I've seen it discussed in the past.

Will the Silverado 14+ front strut/spring assembly fit in a 15+ Tahoe? Someone locally has a set of the loaded Rough Country 2" leveling struts. It appears that they have different model numbers for the Truck and SUV on their website.

Also looking for rear shocks. I assume the rear are different between the Truck and SUV.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've attached a photo to show how bad I need something to level up the front. It would probably be a huge upgrade over the factory original shocks (currently have 210k miles on them!) with my heavy 12ply 265-70r18 Kanati Armor Hogs.
Try looking up both configurations here and see what the differences are:

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try looking up both configurations here and see what the differences are:

Thanks, I have never used that site before. I have a set of take off strut assemblies from a 2020 Silverado. However, the RC loaded 2" leveling struts I found barely used from a Silverado would be nice for the price, especially with it helping level my Tahoe vs adding the RC spacer I have sitting in the garage. I'll run the model numbers from my factory set and compare it to the ones currently on my Tahoe (standard suspension, LT model). I may just use them, but for $150 for the RC I hate to pass those up if they can fit/ride correctly. I'll call RC and see if they can talk need the forever between them. Thanks again!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will fit. I put 2019 tahoe struts on my 2008 yukon. Work just fine. 30 min job

duke90

Reaction score
Rear shocks for a sierra will fit the yukon/suburban however if you get shocks with a res, then the res on the driver's side shock will need to be clocked 90 degrees to fit.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a 2015-2020 Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL, Escalade, Escalade XL, AND are not looking for magneride/air ride compatible suspension components, then the following search criteria will provide the parts for proper mounting front and rear shocks and front coil over assemblies.

Ditto to @duke90 on having to rotate a rear piggyback reservoir shock.

Search suggestions:
2014-2018 Silverado 1500 LT standard Cab 5.3L V8
** suggest to be 4x4 specific if you have a 4x4

For instance, my Fox 2.0 shocks do not appear on the Fox website for fitting a Tahoe; however, search under a 1500 Silverado and you will see the 3-6+ inch lift heights...

Down8

Reaction score
I was looking at the Eibach springs this weekend, and they only show up for 2WD Silverados. Even their tech support suggested the same (not fit). But no reason they shouldn't fit a 4WD Tahoe, right?

I can use stock springs and set the circlip to get lift. But, with the spring, you should be able to lower the clip and get less preload on the shock, so I'd like to do that. Just trying to grab the right springs....

-bZj

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I was looking at the Eibach springs this weekend, and they only show up for 2WD Silverados. Even their tech support suggested the same (not fit). But no reason they shouldn't fit a 4WD Tahoe, right?

I can use stock springs and set the circlip to get lift. But, with the spring, you should be able to lower the clip and get less preload on the shock, so I'd like to do that. Just trying to grab the right springs....

-bZj
They will work
I got shocks off a AT4 on my 07 Tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts