silverado lift components on yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
Im not sure if this topic has been approached on this site, but from what i saw in the archives, it has not.

Lifting a Yukon using Silverado parts? Is it doable and or worth the effort? I know silverados have different rear suspensions than our yukons and tahoes but shouldnt the front end be essentially the same?

I only ask because i want to lift my yukon about 3 or 4 inches, but the only lift options i see much of are 6 inch lifts that require alot of welding, cutting, using a lift and other work i cant do at home. I dont trust mechanics.

Im looking for a lift kit i can do at home ( it has to be tough, NOT CHEAP EgAY JuNk) that will acheive this sort of lift height. I wondered if silverado parts fit because i see everything under the sun is made to lift those things.

i shall yeild to the experts on this one.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
The silverado 1500 and tahoe/yukon front suspensions are identical but any lift over 2" will require additional components that cost a substantial amount of money. Upgrading from a 4" to a 6" lift is usually $100-$400 more depending on components such as shocks, accessories, and the deisgn of the kit. I prefer a full control arm drop lift as it will maintain the factory track width of the truck. Less expensive knuckle kits use an aftermarket steering knuckle with the factory upper control arm position to keep costs low though you will have a noticeably wider track width (front wheels will stick out another 1"-2"). You're gonna drop dime on any lift so I'd go with a 6" full drop kit, bilstein 5100 shocks, as well as a steering reinforcement kit from a company called cognito. I prefer both the cognito lift as well as the pro comp lift but make sure to replace the front driveshaft with a dual cardon cv style shaft or it will vibrate in 4wd. On the lower end of the spectrum you can run a 33" tall tire with only some leveling keys, longer shocks, rear coil spacers, and some slight trimming of the front bumper valance if that suits your needs plus it will be exponentially easier in terms of installation. Cool thing about the 6" full drop lift is you can go up another 2" by adding some leveling torsion keys to the existing kit, then it will clear 37" tall tires :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900