Silverado exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing dual exhaust systems for silverados and sierras that seem to look like it can fit on a escalade. I was looking under my 2007 escalade which has a 3.5" lift and there is lots of space now to snake in a 3" or 2.5" tail pipe on the driver side.

There are also a few dual exhaust set ups for decent price for 2006 escalades aswell. Has anyone tried this?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been seeing dual exhaust systems for silverados and sierras that seem to look like it can fit on a escalade. I was looking under my 2007 escalade which has a 3.5" lift and there is lots of space now to snake in a 3" or 2.5" tail pipe on the driver side.

There are also a few dual exhaust set ups for decent price for 2006 escalades aswell. Has anyone tried this?
I have not done it, but the pickups and SUVs ride on different wheelbases (119" for a regular cab, 133" for a regular cab long box, and 143.5" for extended and crew cab models, vs 116" for the short body and 130" for the long body SUVs. If you're able to make mods to the exhaust setup in terms of length and mounting points, then you should be able to make something work. I would look at setups for the regular cab pickups because the wheelbases are the closest.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the goal of dual exhaust? I assume you'd want true-duals, so two pipes from engine to rear bumper?

Headers, a good Y-pipe, and a large diameter single exhaust will flow as much as duals, and save weight... less surface area for the same volume of air moved... something like that?

I'm not judging or knocking the idea, just curious. There's an Engine Masters episode (which won't load for me: https://www.motortrendondemand.com/detail/single-vs-dual-exhaust/123988/

but it's mentioned here: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/engine-masters-dual-vs-single-exhaust.301715/) which shows a properly designed single exhaust would allow more flow/power than duals.

For example (and to keep things equal/simple):

a single 4" diameter pipe, 10' in length, has an interior volume of ~3387in3, and an inner surface area of ~1750in2.

vs.

a single 2.5" diameter pipe, 10' in length, has an interior volume of ~1270in3, and an inner surface area of ~1072in2.

Two 2.5" diameter pipes would have less than half the inner volume of a single 4" diameter pipe, but more inner surface area. And, they would weigh around 10lbs heavier.

I got my calculations from here: https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calculators/geometry-solids/tube.php

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know about a direct swap from pickup to suv but you can run dual exhaust with or with a lift or a even being lowered. just a matter of having it done. i have a dual system sitting in the backyard that I had took out and just went with a dual tip to the side, a dual out on these trucks if going straight out the back just leaves soot all over the rear bumper so if you do it I would do a side out tucked behind each wheel or turn downs

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The purpose of the dual exhaust would be more for looks and sound other then performance. I already have shorty headers installed with a magnaflow muffler and it sounds nice. Just looking to add a Y pipe right after the muffler to run duals after that. I would be doing turn downs out the rear just like the factory is.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also seen duals for 2006 escalade. Look like they can work.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have cat-back dual exhaust on my 07 Yukon XL Denali, and like the OP stated, I just like the look of dual exhaust setups. I did have to sacrifice my spare tire as part of the conversion, but I'm OK with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont