Shopping list needed for aftermarket deck w/bose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im contemplating going 2 routes with my newly acquired tahoe.
1. factory system with line out convertors to add subs
2. aftermarket deck, rear amp also for subs

i have a 05 tahoe with onstar,xm, in head unit 6 disc changer, and i also have rear dvd. along with steering wheel controls....bsides the deck, and its wiring harness to plug into the stereo plugs fromt he truck?

what all would i need for my install? i know there will be a few things id have to buy to keep the steering wheel controls. will adding a aftermarket deck cause me to lose rear dvd?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you decide to go with route 1 I have the module that you need.

elcapitanmas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go with an aftermarket hu, you'll need a steering wheel control harness to keep control on the wheel, its a pia to wire up and program sometimes, but imo def worth it. I changed out the deck on mine (had a nav/dvd player from my old truck) and left the rest of the components in the truck (bose setup) I just can't sacrifice the space for aftermarket subs.

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i kind of want to go aftermarket, but i do realize ill have some coin wrapped up in the addon modules ill need to make it all work....and i dont know if aftermarket will cause me to lose my rear dvd or not.
then at the same time i realize i could go stock, and do the aux input, and do a loc to add rear subs, which would save me alot of money and get the same result. i know the sound quality will suffer a tad, but im not a music producer so i could live with that

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it just all depends on what you want your hu to do

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oppss... I need 10 posts to send IM... 6 to go..

you could email me if you like @ [email protected]

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

I guess it just all depends on what you want your hu to do

i really would like mp3 capability. a sub output, so i can turn the subs up or down if needed (cops) xm or sirius as i am a subscriber. and an auxillary input to play music on my phone.

on another note,(completely forgot i had this stuff) i have a double din dash kit i bought for a monte carlo i had that says itll fit the tahoe, and also the gmos-04 interface that i bought for the monte as well that also fits the tahoe, but the tranny went out in the car before i could do anything. so i guess i would still need the steering wheel control moduel, and a nice double din stereo

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Well if you decide to go with route 1 I have the module that you need.

just noticed that you said route 1 which is factory with a loc....which line out converter do you have?? im clueless when it comes to loc's haha

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a pac module that connects to factory radio to give you rcas and remote wire for your amp. I had an ad in the classified section.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
SteveCZ28

SteveCZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a pac module that connects to factory radio to give you rcas and remote wire for your amp. I had an ad in the classified section.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

found the ad, and responded there to keep clutter out of here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971

Latest posts