seat backs keep falling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any ideas on how to fasten sagging seat backs on the front buckets? I've had them off but don't see any way to tighten them back up so they stay up. I'm referring to the plastic panels and pockets...

Its really annoying!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Is it just the sides? Or the elastic pockets themselves? Maybe upload a pic for us to see what you are trying to describe.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just the sides? Or the elastic pockets themselves? Maybe upload a pic for us to see what you are trying to describe.

I'm in VA and the truck is in NC so I can't get a pic right now but its the entire hard plastic section on the back of the front buckets. The elastic pockets are part of it. Both sides keep sliding down like they are worn but I took one off and its just clipped on so I can't see what would be worn. I thought about just velcroing the bottoms but I don't know if it will stick to the material at the bottom..... If I push them up they'll stay up for a little while, then slide back down again. Kinda frustrating....

ADDED : OK, got the wife to take and send a pic of the offending part. Note how the top of the plastic seatback is lower than it is supposed to be. Both sides do that. You can push them back up but I can't feel anything that seems like it should hold them there.....

seatback_zpsf0b81bcf.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry just got back to this post. Mine doesn't slide down. I'm wondering if they weren't put back in correctly or if one of the bottom brackets are broken. I will have to take the back off of our s and see how they go again. I have only had them off once before. Sorry for the delay.

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry just got back to this post. Mine doesn't slide down. I'm wondering if they weren't put back in correctly or if one of the bottom brackets are broken. I will have to take the back off of our s and see how they go again. I have only had them off once before. Sorry for the delay.

I've had mine right off to inspect and can't find anything broken or obviously missing. Both sides are doing it which is weird. I'll have to look at the parts drawings but with the seat assembled its hard to tell if something is missing. I need to look at another immediately adjacent to compare I guess.

I might just have to figure out a cheater way to keep them up. Maybe get some heavy duty Velcro on the bottom. I'm just surprised why I seem to be the only one having this problem. I can't tell that the seats were ever recovered- they have the lear labeling still inside...

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have screws in the bottom no? If not that's what your missing I believe.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This on a nnbs?

No screws

Only retaining clips all around

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

You have aftermarket leather?

OP
OP
NC_John

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This on a nnbs?

No screws

Only retaining clips all around

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

You have aftermarket leather?

no sir- factory....

And the clips on the backs are heavy plastic- no give at all......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84