Rubber Key Grommet on Lock Cylinder for Leverage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoePotato

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My recently purchased 1998 Chevy Tahoe with 45,000 miles is a delight. I can't wait to visit again in the Baja.

The ignition lock cylinder has a rubber grommet on it which mates to the skinny key to provide more leverage in twisting the key to start the car.

Where can I buy? I am unable to find just this part online.

I am also looking for just the extension shaft of the spare tire kit - used to drop the drop release. rubber key grommet chevy tahope.pngjust this rubber grip/grommet component.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hit up your local salvage yards to see if you can find one on the cheap, otherwise there are whole cylinders on eBay for $20 or less that you could cannibalize. Same with the extension shaft. Might find one in a junked truck or you can get a set for $40-$50 on Amazon

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
The spare tire tools are hard to find in junkyards, seems like job 1 is to strip them out. I went through a bunch of GM vehicles and never found one. eBay has a bunch for sale, but you may have to buy the whole kit.

OP
OP
TahoePotato

TahoePotato

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks folks. OT but do you know if anyone is doing marine intake manifolds pre-built, cut/drilled?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh