RKE Both FOBS dead car only has 16k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vp46

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem?

Parked the car last night... with some prodding I got my son (and his handheld game) out of the car. I clicked lock twice and honked the horn to confirm. I went to bed.

This morning woke up to get something out of the car and clicked the rear door button on FOB. Nothing. Huh? went back grabbed my wifes fob... Nothing.

Get in car using the door handle button with key fob in my hand.... door unlocks and lets me in. huh. hmm.

call on-star after failing to find a trouble shooting section in the manual.. nothing found.

On star lady says "huh, that is unusual. Have you tried the dealer?".... to which I responded it's 7:00am no. I guess she wasn't listening when I explained I went to bed and woke up to 70k car that spontaneously no longer works.

Any one here able to help?

PS On-star stupid waste of money.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by rear door button on FOB. One push on the unlock symbol on the FOB opens the front drivers door, second push on the unlock symbol opens all doors

OP
OP
vp46

vp46

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by rear door button on FOB. One push on the unlock symbol on the FOB opens the front drivers door, second push on the unlock symbol opens all doors

I specifically mean NONE OF THJE FOB BUTTONS activate ANYTHING.

Hopefully that clears it up.

So.... now that a few days have gone by I go out this AM with my wifes keys (& FOB) and the fobs are working again.

WTF? one day neither do anything and another day they both work as if nothing happened.

Any one experience this? It's got me a little panicked... and contemplating taking a hit on the car now and getting into something more reliable.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the electronics on these new 2015s it could have been a one time electronic glitch as others have experienced. I have been reading this board since the 2015s came out and I don't remember another complaint such as yours. Doesn't mean it won't happen again but i don't think you need to panic just yet. This is coming from someone who just went through a buy back with GM and I purchased another Tahoe. I would give it a little time and see what happens. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10