Retiring my Gas Guzzler!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today marked the day that I hereby retire my ‘97 Yukon GT, that I bought off the lot when the carpets were still in plastic, from daily driver status. 440,000 original KMs. It served me well. I am going to drive my 2 door to the car wash Friday and degrease and pressure wash the frame and underbody. Dry it out, Corroseal rust check it, and then spray it satin black. Back it into the garage, and charge my EV out front. Gas is $2.19 per litre right now. No more ranting on gas prices for me, but I’ll find something else to complain about.A80A635F-9CBD-4932-8C05-A0780EF122BF.jpeg

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today marked the day that I hereby retire my ‘97 Yukon GT, that I bought off the lot when the carpets were still in plastic, from daily driver status. 440,000 original KMs. It served me well. I am going to drive my 2 door to the car wash Friday and degrease and pressure wash the frame and underbody. Dry it out, Corroseal rust check it, and then spray it satin black. Back it into the garage, and charge my EV out front. Gas is $2.19 per litre right now. No more ranting on gas prices for me, but I’ll find something else to complain about.View attachment 372632
Long live the GT!!!
:Bye:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today marked the day that I hereby retire my ‘97 Yukon GT, that I bought off the lot when the carpets were still in plastic, from daily driver status. 440,000 original KMs. It served me well. I am going to drive my 2 door to the car wash Friday and degrease and pressure wash the frame and underbody. Dry it out, Corroseal rust check it, and then spray it satin black. Back it into the garage, and charge my EV out front. Gas is $2.19 per litre right now. No more ranting on gas prices for me, but I’ll find something else to complain about.

put a smaller engine in it v6 irc...

doc5339

Reaction score
Today marked the day that I hereby retire my ‘97 Yukon GT, that I bought off the lot when the carpets were still in plastic, from daily driver status. 440,000 original KMs. It served me well. I am going to drive my 2 door to the car wash Friday and degrease and pressure wash the frame and underbody. Dry it out, Corroseal rust check it, and then spray it satin black. Back it into the garage, and charge my EV out front. Gas is $2.19 per litre right now. No more ranting on gas prices for me, but I’ll find something else to complain about.View attachment 372632
Enjoy it!

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I could find one I'd sure look at a Ford Maverick pickup. Perfect for local use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17