Rescue Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Well guys im officially gunna semi retire the tahoe from mudding and playing in the sand for now. My wife and I have decided to get a Jeep Wrangler and make it my daily driver/trail/mudding/rock crawling/and dune jumping vehicle lol been hanging out with them Jeep buddies of mine and i finally got convinced that off roading in a full size suv really isn't the best idea. The good thing is im still keeping the tahoe and turning it into my rescue vehicle. Gunna throw on some emergency red/blue led lights (just for ***** and giggles), finish putting on my 6" lift and mounting a winch on it. Mainly gunna use it for pulling out 1/2 ton rigs and bigger as a Jeep would have no chance at accomplishing that type of job haha I've had lots of fun off roading with my Tahoe but i need something better on gas and something more reliable to take vacations in and a Jeep seems the way to go in these neck of the woods i live in lol

FunFordCobra

Reaction score
Yea tahoes and yukons just dont keep up with real sand and mud vehicles. Get a suzuki sam!

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Jeep is not going to get better gas mileage....they get what? 15mpg hwy?

OP
OP
Devious_Tahoe96

Devious_Tahoe96

Mr. Budwieser
Reaction score
Exactly what i was thinking!! Have you ever seen a tahoe go rock crawling with jeeps?? Now im not putting down any tahoe out there because by far the obs ones were the best made. Every vehicle has its flaws and gas milage along with being super long, and the width of the wheel base is too long, it just doesn't seem like the "perfect" off road vehicle. Plus having ifs suck balls big time. Dam cv axles are always breaking on me. Just replaced the driver side one almost a year ago and its acting up again. I would rather use the money towards fixing up a jk wrangler than replacing parts that bresk way too easily.

Hotrod: the wrangler gets better gas milage than the tahoe on any given day lol my wife and I took a trip to from El Paso to Las Cruces, went off roading on some trails by the mountains for a good hour. Drove back to El Paso and towed my cousin's jeep (fried the cap and rotor) and still had a half tank of gas. Imo I think the I6 4.0 is a strong motor snd very fuel efficiant.

Correct me if im wrong

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the suzuki- need to find me another one soon.

jeep should get a little better mpg depending on what engine you get in it. the cherokee and grand cherokees get ****** milage from what i've heard. wrangler shouldnt be bad.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Imo I think the I6 4.0 is a strong motor snd very fuel efficiant.
Correct me if im wrong

Only partially wrong. I've had a Jeep with the 4.0. Yes, it's a strong motor. I liked it. IIRC it put out close to 200hp. But I was running 15mpg with it.
Then I went to a Jimmy with the 4.3. That dumps out 190hp, but it felt stronger then the Jeeps 4.0, maybe due to the 5 speed auto? With my wife driving the Jimmy now, it's getting 17mpg. When I drove it, I was getting 14mpg. Then I went to the Yukon where before mods, I was getting 12mpg, after mods I'm get 15mpg.

Moral of the story, the 4.0 won't save you any fuel. About the same. Ah, but the wheeling. For wheeling, you can't beat the Jeep. But for DD, I'd never go back to the Jeep, I like my kidneys way to much.

I know, it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand. I've been there, had the windshield sticker. Then I grew up. (read, had a family.)

x3 on the Suz Sam. Sitting in my Jeep, I've watched those little bugger runs circles around me. Way too much fun on four wheels. But my Polaris Ranger is almost as much fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts