Replacing 2018 Yukon SLT Sun Visor Clip (Driver Side)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The little plastic piece that keeps the sun visor from bouncing around when in the closed position and in the plastic clip, fell-out/is missing.
I went to go replace it and thought this would be a 10 to 15 minuet project, guess not!
I have failed to get the old clip out of the liner.
I removed the back cover that faces the windshield, and remove the screw with a T15 bit screwdriver. But the damn clip won't come out.
I have attempted to pull it out, pry it straight out, and tried to twisted it right & left, but the damn thing won't come out, and it makes a sounds like it's ripping the headliner. I haven't gone full torque on it, in fear that I will rip or damage the headliner.

Has anyone successfully removed the driver side sun visor clip on a 2018 GMC Yukon SLT or similar?

I found a thread and video for a How to Remove Headliner 2019 Chevy Silverado, that says it's attached with clips to the headliner that can only be removed from the back side (thus requiring unhinging the headliner). I'm hoping GMC didn't do something that dumb.

dgbarar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am attempting to replace my visor clip as well on a 2019 Yukon and am also have difficulty removing the old clip. Did you ever come up with a solution to remove the clip?

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission