1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace passenger HID bulb?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ReaperHWK, Oct 19, 2020.

1. ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK Member

Name:
    Brian
    I bought 6000k D3s bulbs as well as 6000k led for the high beams and fogs.
    I just replaced the driver side HID but the passenger side looks like I have to remove a bunch of crap to get to it. The owners manual is no help. It gives directions for the driver side but for the passenger side It literally says “see dealer”.

Does anyone know what I need to remove to get access? Looks like maybe just the air box but wanted to know if anyone had some tips before I start ripping things apart.

2. hcvone

hcvone Full Access Member

Name:
    Carl
    When I did my bulbs on my 19' tahoe, I had to remove the Callaway air box, behind that is a bracket and access panel that has to be removed, no big deal, once you remove the air box it will all make sense, driver side was about 5 minutes to remove the HID lowbeam and highbeam and replace with new HID and VLED led higbeams, the passenger side maybe 10-15 minutes

ReaperHWK likes this.
  3. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    Pull the bumper cover and then headlight...Much easier than trying to get you hand in there from behind.

4. ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK Member

Name:
    Brian
    Thanks. I'll do the airbox removal first. I was able to get my hand in there to do the driver so I think it won't be a problem once I get access. It took some time to figure out the right angle to get in there but I know what I'm doing now (I think..)

5. Galante

Galante Supporting Member

Name:
    Pete
    It’s definitely doable from inside but annoying to me. I can have the cover off my ‘13 hoe in about 5 min, little longer on the ‘19 yuk but still so much easier imo. To each their own tho. Good way to give everything a good look over both ways tho.

ReaperHWK likes this.
  6. ReaperHWK

ReaperHWK Member

Name:
    Brian
    Good to know for "Plan B" or if I needed to replace the headlight housings that it's not that hard to remove. Some cars are a PITA.

Galante likes this.