Repair for paint imperfection on new vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my new 2023 suburban a couple weeks ago from the dealership.

I just discovered a paint/metal jmperfection spot on the driver side door where there are 3 little dots of raised metal (like something poked it from the inside of the door). The white paint didn't cover the dots as I can see a tiny bit of metal in the tips of the points.

Given I can see unpainted metal, I don't think I can live with this for fear that it will eventually lead to rust. I assume the raised points will need to be sanded down and repainted.

2 questions

1. Is there a best way to get the dealership to agreed to repair this?

2. Can I get any dealership to do it or will it need to be the dealership I bought it from?

I bought the car at an out of state dealership (10 hr drive) so I'm hoping I can get a local chevy dealership to do it or contract it out to a shop and bill GM for it. I recognize this may be a long shot.

Attachments

• 20221110_192204.jpg
    20221110_192204.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 15

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Any GM dealership can handle. Don't let them tell you differently. Review the paperwork you got when purchased and it likely says so. Just like if you were on a trip and had a warranty concern.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a similar blemish on my Ultimate picked up this week with titanium rush color. Looks like they painted over a metal pimple on the right front fender. Dealer ship offered to try to have fixed, but most likely will have to be sanded down and repainted. I may live with it for a few weeks and see how it is after a few washes. It is minor but it is there.

My production day was 10-17. Maybe we'll see a pattern.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Summit White 2022 Denali with some imperfections in the paint on the rear drivers and passengers qtr panels, like they painted over a piece of dirt or debris. Not sure if repainting would make ir look worse as I already have 12k miles on it. What would you all do? It’s not as much a concern of aesthetics to me as much as it is a concern of rust down the road.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a Summit White 2022 Denali with some imperfections in the paint on the rear drivers and passengers qtr panels, like they painted over a piece of dirt or debris. Not sure if repainting would make ir look worse as I already have 12k miles on it. What would you all do? It’s not as much a concern of aesthetics to me as much as it is a concern of rust down the road.
Take to dealer, get it documented and get a copy of that documentation and ask them to fix it. It is a very simple process.

Yukonmax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look over your whole truck theres is probably more issues in the paint, then take it to the dealer it will be covered under warranty, I had similar blemishes on a 2018 Colorado, the dealer repainted a fender, the roof, and touched up the tail gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon