Removing Back Glass Handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willcla

Reaction score
How do I remove the plastic handle on the back glass? I love how clean it looks with the plastic gone.

I have an 09 Yukon SLT

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off with fishing line and a straight blade, and it was all scratched underneath the piece. So, I put it back on.

OP
OP
W

willcla

Reaction score
Scratched..that is so strange. Do you think this is a common problem or is yours a rare occurrence?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else here removed his and also said it looked like hell behind his. He didn't put it back, but put a sticker in its place...

I think it was either Blackedout or Modded...

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scratched? How? Do you have any pictures?

I removed mine with fishing line too, cleaned the adhesive and is clean as a pin.

RydnDrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a small scratch behind mine, but it isn't noticeable unless you know to look...I just used fishing line, then a straight blade to clean it up....looks way better without it...

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I removed mine and no scratches present :D Plastic spackle tool from Westlake took it off in about 15 second. another 60 second with the 3M eraser wheels. Another 30 second with glass cleaner and I was done :waytogo:

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i never even realized that this piece could be removed until this thread...I believe I'll go try to remove mine after while. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93