Rear wiper Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM discontinued the rear wiper motor for my 2011. Rock auto doesn't have them either.
Had to buy ebay junk.

any other ideas for new ??

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because when I searched rock auto under my specific model, it said not available.
Using the other method of search, it is available. and you can NOT call rock auto. They have no phones.

Rolexus

Reaction score
GM discontinued the rear wiper motor for my 2011. Rock auto doesn't have them either.
Had to buy ebay junk.

any other ideas for new ??
Not sure if this helps. My 05 Tahoe rear wiper motor did not work since I bought vehicle used about 5 yrs ago, checked fuses, etc..

I toyed with the idea of replacing it until I read ’somewhere’ that sometimes grounding does not work on these very well - read door is basically aluminum, sometimes causes grounding issues.

I ran a ground wire from the rear wiper motor under the shroud (cover) and attached to other end to the latch mechanism for the rear door, ensuring a steel to steel ground. It worked!!! - first try and has continued to work now for almost 5 years - no issues!

Attachments

• IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 4

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because when I searched rock auto under my specific model, it said not available.
Using the other method of search, it is available. and you can NOT call rock auto. They have no phones.
So, the part for your ‘specific’ model is discontinued but you definitely have the correct part number and that part number comes up in a search at rock auto as available. I’m not seeing a problem. If the description and part number are correct there is your answer. I can almost guarantee 07-14 are the same motor on the gmt-900’s and gm has probably used that ‘specific’ wiper motor on dozens of other vehicles.
Is that clear enough?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019