Rear window striker??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMW468

Reaction score
So I have a 95 Tahoe with the rear hatch, not barn doors.

My son has been playing football for his HS and when I pick him up I usually pop the hatch and he throws all his gear in the back. So my hatch has been opened and closed a lot recently.

I discovered that the rear hatch striker that's on the glass had broken. So my hatch really won't lock closed anymore. I've looked all over the internet and can't find the piece. The GM part number is discontinued. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

I guess it's not made aftermarket and I'm hoping to find one in a junkyard. I hate to have to buy a whole new hatch glass over a small part.

Any experience or feedback is appreciated.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is available aftermarket i believe but from limited sources i think. last time i managed to find information relating to that was on lmctruck. use a computer if your going to search there using a mobile device is useless on thier site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon