Rear USBs in Sliding Console not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The two USB-C ports on the rear of the sliding console stopped working. Everything else on the console seems to be working. I’ve checked all three fuses I can find that have the USB label. I’m stumped?

Edit: The AC port and the HVAC controls work, but it looks like both the USB and HDMI ports are not working. Surely something came unplugged in there or something, right?

Last edited:

Freeblazin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unlikely the connectors came unplugged. All of them have the little locking tabs and were a decent challenge to unplug for me when removing the rear panel of the center console.

You can get the panel off fairly easily by:
1. Removing the rubber from the rear cup holders, and unscrew a single torx screw.

2. Standard pull tabs hold on the rear top panel with the cup holders, and came off easy.

3. One more torx screw at the top of the rear panel, and a few more pull tabs around the outside and it pulls right off.

Sent from my mobile device into the æther, and it ended up here.

txchevy4ever

Reaction score
The two USB-C ports on the rear of the sliding console stopped working. Everything else on the console seems to be working. I’ve checked all three fuses I can find that have the USB label. I’m stumped?

Edit: The AC port and the HVAC controls work, but it looks like both the USB and HDMI ports are not working. Surely something came unplugged in there or something, right?

It's under warranty.

Xerais

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd verify the connections. My auto high beams weren't working (the icon would light up but the lights never would turn on). I took it into service and they found the connector was loose. After plugging it in the auto high beams worked fine.

OP
OP
T

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd verify the connections. My auto high beams weren't working (the icon would light up but the lights never would turn on). I took it into service and they found the connector was loose. After plugging it in the auto high beams worked fine.
Connections ended up being fine. I replaced the module and both the HDMI and USB ports started working again, so bad module.

Toona

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have this issue and about to hit the road on a long trip so cant get to a dealer. how did you replace the module turnpike17?

OP
OP
T

turnpike17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have this issue and about to hit the road on a long trip so cant get to a dealer. how did you replace the module turnpike17?

it was really simple. Remove the rear cupped holder “rubber” and there are a couple of screws (or maybe just 1, I forget now), remove those and use a plastic trim tool to pop the back plastic “frame” of the console to reach the back of the modules, two screws and it’s off.

Toona

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you -- but what did you replace the module with? ie where can i buy a replacement?

Toona

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a AT4 XL and NONE of my USB or HDMI ports in the rear work at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs