rear tailgate rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

val620

Reaction score
Everytime I go over a crack on the road my rear hatch rattles its not too loud but I was wondering what can I do to stop it

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use 1" wide weather stripping foam, cut into 1" square blocks. Peel and stick several squares together to get to the required depth you think would work. Finally peel and stick to somewhere the top glass and the bottom tailgate meet. I peel and stick mine to the top glass on the bottom passenger side corner, so that it contacts the interior light switch. Kills two birds with one stone. Keeps the light from blinking and stops the rattling.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
You can try adjusting the catch for the hatch...loosen it up and push it in more to get a tighter seal. It worked for me for a few years. Eventually the weatherstripping was so worn out it began to leak. I replaced it a year ago and doesnt have the slightest rattle now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V2Tahoe