Rear spring rates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowracer1000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm reposting an old topic but I have done quite a bit of searching and can not find any info. I'm looking for the spring rates for my 2017 suburban. I have the HD towing package z82 but am looking for a stiffer rear spring. I have the 23154238 and was looking at the 23154239's. They indicate increased capacity but no rates can be found. Anyone?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm reposting an old topic but I have done quite a bit of searching and can not find any info. I'm looking for the spring rates for my 2017 suburban. I have the HD towing package z82 but am looking for a stiffer rear spring. I have the 23154238 and was looking at the 23154239's. They indicate increased capacity but no rates can be found. Anyone?

the Z71 package may offer stiffer rear springs but I think you'll need to go aftermarket (at least talk to them). It's been decades since I thought about spring rates and can't seem to find anything for these trucks after fifteen minutes. Seems also that Monroe got out of the spring business too.

OP
OP
S

Snowracer1000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked aftermarket but I can not find anything for the 2015+. I am really surprised this date is not provided by GM, when I work on fords the spring rates are provided by Ford. Don't feel bad I have looked for hours trying to find anything.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked aftermarket but I can not find anything for the 2015+. I am really surprised this date is not provided by GM, when I work on fords the spring rates are provided by Ford. Don't feel bad I have looked for hours trying to find anything.

Now, it's bothering me! My go to used to be Monroe.

Well, I got close with Moog and Federal Mogul but no specs for the springs on my truck!

Also tried another former go to, Dayton Parts but I used to use them for leaf springs among other parts.

Last edited: