Rear passenger axle fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into it. I will definitely need something more solid because I tow a lot. Where did you get the yoke from and did you have to set the backlash when installing it?

I just removed the old yoke and slapped the new one on, gave it some dugga duggas with an M18 impact and have been good to go. The rear end doesn’t leak a drop, I do highly suggest a lubelocker gasket for the cover. Also my slim PML cover fits behind an upgraded pan hard bar without any issue. It’s close as heck but it fits.

Not the best picture but the only one I could find in my phone.

Attachments

• 32F048C0-2FBE-4B50-9BDB-E4099BF4D2C9.jpeg
    32F048C0-2FBE-4B50-9BDB-E4099BF4D2C9.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just removed the old yoke and slapped the new one on, gave it some dugga duggas with an M18 impact and have been good to go. The rear end doesn’t leak a drop, I do highly suggest a lubelocker gasket for the cover. Also my slim PML cover fits behind an upgraded pan hard bar without any issue. It’s close as heck but it fits.

Not the best picture but the only one I could find in my phone.
Looks good. I finally got the driveshaft in. I used ujoint uj447 from Napa and got the straps while I was at it too from them. The bolts that came with it were too long so I just reused my old bolts. Thanks alot for the help you guys. Much needed. I'm sure the rear end is good. I haven't test drove it yet because I have to replace the lower control arm on the front. Btw what is the best gear oil to use for this rear end? I want to change it before I start driving it. Also what oil is everyone using for the front differential?

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I finally got the driveshaft in. I used ujoint uj447 from Napa and got the straps while I was at it too from them. The bolts that came with it were too long so I just reused my old bolts. Thanks alot for the help you guys. Much needed. I'm sure the rear end is good. I haven't test drove it yet because I have to replace the lower control arm on the front. Btw what is the best gear oil to use for this rear end? I want to change it before I start driving it. Also what oil is everyone using for the front differential?

If your planning upgrades shortly down the road, I’d put the cheapest conventional 75-90 you can find. If you want to seal them both and never touch them again, then any full synthetic 75-90 or close viscosity will be good. I think I mixed a few different weight oils because I couldn’t find any in the early stages of Covid when I did mine.

Anyway it’s worked fine, I still have the factory G80 which I plan to replace with a trutrac one of these years.

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your planning upgrades shortly down the road, I’d put the cheapest conventional 75-90 you can find. If you want to seal them both and never touch them again, then any full synthetic 75-90 or close viscosity will be good. I think I mixed a few different weight oils because I couldn’t find any in the early stages of Covid when I did mine.

Anyway it’s worked fine, I still have the factory G80 which I plan to replace with a trutrac one of these years.
One more question. How many quarts?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a rear passenger axle. My truck is an 2007 Yukon Denali with 3.42 rear and I think the 8.5. it's not the 9.5. what all trucks can I get this axle from and what splines is it? Thanks In advance.
***Update***
Went with an 9.5 rear end from an 2013 escalade. For those who own 07-09 you will need conversion ujoint #uj447 from Napa and also new ujoint straps from a 2010+ truck or SUV.

So you're Denali came with 1344 rear u-joints? Learn something new every day.

I crossed that number to Spicer for anyone who comes along later: 5-3162X

OP
OP
W

Warriorpluto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're Denali came with 1344 rear u-joints? Learn something new every day.

I crossed that number to Spicer for anyone who comes along later: 5-3162X
Yes. The clips go in the inside for the ujoint while then 2010+ trucks use the outside clips for their ujoints. I've compared and looked up parts numbers for each year and when they changed it. Will be a straight swap for 2010+ plus guys

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. The clips go in the inside for the ujoint while then 2010+ trucks use the outside clips for their ujoints. I've compared and looked up parts numbers for each year and when they changed it. Will be a straight swap for 2010+ plus guys
Wow, I had no idea. All three of my trucks use the same u-joints, the 89059111 and are the 1355 series. Our front driveshafts use the 1344s.

Well, you learn something new every day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz