Rear end sag Best option. Need about 2" height & stockish ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inkadink

Reaction score
Have a 1997 Tahoe. I put on 18" escalade wheels and notice the rear sagging about 2" or so. Thinking the larger sized wheels and tires make the rear end sag more apparent.

So my question is, assuming that I do not have any broken rear leafs, what is the best brand and type of rear spring stiffeners/helpers do I need to get? Should I just replace the whole rear spring pack? I would like the easiest way to achieve this if possible.

I found these on the net and the prices don't seem too bad.
Links below:

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4333

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7326

Both claim to not effect stock unloaded ride conditions but one is a 1000 capacity and the other is 1500 capacity.

These are the ones I found while general searching. I was wondering if these are strict bolt over/with the OEM springs or are they actual replacements of the whole OEM leaf pack?

Just trying to get rid of the 2 or so inch rear end sag I have with the ability to tow a trailer with a fullsize car on it two or three times a year.

Thank-you all for any helpfull replies. :)

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest Helper bags and not a bolt in stiffener. This will give you the ability to have some adjustabilty and it will also give you some extra lift for those heavy loads.
My helpers lift the rear almost 4 inches.
This is just an example of how much lift, its roughly two inches. I had to air them up to be level with the front.
up
DSC02609.jpg
down
DSC02622.gif

Last edited:

inthechateau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with Air Ride air bags. Put them on my 96 Tahoe and they ride great with minimal pressure. I usualy run 25-30 psi for height adjustment and bump it up to 50-60 psi when hauling or towing heavy trailer. Good deal for the $$ and warranty is excellent. two years old one of the bags pressure ports broke off and they sent me a new bag, all I had to do was return the old one. Easy to install with just a little figuring to do for initial set up.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cheaper way i put air shocks on my rear from oreilley's i had to replace them 4 months ago one was leaking fliud but they are
life time warranty a good thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA