Rear Diff Stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not bad other than my complaint about a p0300. Got a new BB tune for the 411 and it makes a world of difference. I can't keep my foot off the gas!! Lead foot driving around town gets me 11.6 mpg! Horrible!!! But... fun!! Still has the cold start knock which still bothers me but I live with it. I would def reccomend going 383 if your not doing a LS swap over a standard 350.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I LOVE mine. I only get about 10MPG though. I get the chance to drive the tahoe with the 383 and then the burban with a fresh 350 and it is a big difference. The tune did wonders for mine also, in person on a dyno. It was the best 300 I ever spent on the truck.

Glad your liking it.

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted to plan a family vacation out to where "ironically" there was a BB dyno tune lol. Next year for sure.

bacon612

Reaction score
if you have a trutrac do not use synthetic though. But Sun is correct.

I have a 99 Denali and plan on doing the front and rear diff fluids tomorrow morning. How do I know if I have truetrac? I was just planning on using castrol 75w 90 Synthetic in both. Should I not?

OP
OP
Phone Man

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your glove box door and there should be a sticker with codes. See if there is one that says "G80". If so, use the 75w-90.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993