rear cargo area/third row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So out of boredom today I stopped at the local GMC dealer having thoughts of a denali XL. My 07 2500 suburban has 115k on it, last week it needed a new posi unit for its first driveline hiccup since new.

I walked out of the dealer pretty much against buying any of the nnnnnbs trucks (I've lost track of the amount of news we're at, hell I still have my 2000 OBS tahoe limited with a 502/4l80/14bolt)

Doesn't anyone these days still use their truck like a truck? Doesn't anyone else put sheetrock, plywood, engines, transmissions, half a pallet of roofing shingles, or dead bodies in the back of their full size SUV's (you know a body on frame TRUCK) Not only can I not get a 2500 anymore (I tow occasionally up to 10K) now I can't even get a truck where I can use the cargo area. I'm not looking for a pickup. I had hoped the rear cargo box thingie would be simply removable, and just like the previous body style the third row seat would click out of place. Now the third row is bolted down and that stupid cargo box doesn't come out. I can really see the two of them handling a 800lb big block on top of them very well. Thats if I could even fit one in with all of the lost cargo space.

They have totally turned the big GM trucks into car interiors....I must be a rarity I guess. The salesman looked at me like I was crazy. That was before going off on a disertation of you're lucky we even have an XL inbound we can't keep them at stock, of course we're selling at sticker. I laughed at that one too, wasn't even worth the arguement since I'm seriously disappointed with the truck.

Seems at this point I gave up waiting for a diesel in a suburban. I might as well ship mine off to duraburb or just put a blower on this engine.

Last edited:

amscomps

Reaction score
I have removed my third row seat and storage box. There are two spinners in the bottom of the box and like 7 bolts for the seat. Super easy to remove. Although heavy to wrangle by yourself. Also, there is 1 power connector for the power fold. I can link to another post of mine for pix if needed

OP
OP
U

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have removed my third row seat and storage box. There are two spinners in the bottom of the box and like 7 bolts for the seat. Super easy to remove. Although heavy to wrangle by yourself. Also, there is 1 power connector for the power fold. I can link to another post of mine for pix if needed

I actually did some searching and found it myself....not the end of the world but quite a bit annoying. I'm also going to miss actual tie downs in the back. My OBS had 4 tiedowns. The 07 has rear tie downs and the seat brackets work. (The thought of a BBC going for a ride if I slam the brakes makes me err on the side of caution)

I have a feeling though at this rate, I'm talking the wife out of a GL sticking her in a new yukon denali xl and keeping my 07. She's a terror in a parking lot with my suburban (that typical 5'3 105 lb blonde blue eyed chick) but I guess she might learn eventually after a few fender benders.

Besides now I can put an obnoxious stereo and another blower back on the suburban and have fun again.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So out of boredom today I stopped at the local GMC dealer having thoughts of a denali XL. My 07 2500 suburban has 115k on it, last week it needed a new posi unit for its first driveline hiccup since new.

I walked out of the dealer pretty much against buying any of the nnnnnbs trucks (I've lost track of the amount of news we're at, hell I still have my 2000 OBS tahoe limited with a 502/4l80/14bolt)

Doesn't anyone these days still use their truck like a truck? Doesn't anyone else put sheetrock, plywood, engines, transmissions, half a pallet of roofing shingles, or dead bodies in the back of their full size SUV's (you know a body on frame TRUCK) Not only can I not get a 2500 anymore (I tow occasionally up to 10K) now I can't even get a truck where I can use the cargo area. I'm not looking for a pickup. I had hoped the rear cargo box thingie would be simply removable, and just like the previous body style the third row seat would click out of place. Now the third row is bolted down and that stupid cargo box doesn't come out. I can really see the two of them handling a 800lb big block on top of them very well. Thats if I could even fit one in with all of the lost cargo space.

They have totally turned the big GM trucks into car interiors....I must be a rarity I guess. The salesman looked at me like I was crazy. That was before going off on a disertation of you're lucky we even have an XL inbound we can't keep them at stock, of course we're selling at sticker. I laughed at that one too, wasn't even worth the arguement since I'm seriously disappointed with the truck.

Seems at this point I gave up waiting for a diesel in a suburban. I might as well ship mine off to duraburb or just put a blower on this engine.

Steve,
you sure you can't get a body in the back with the third and second row down. LOL.

OP
OP
U

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve,
you sure you can't get a body in the back with the third and second row down. LOL.

on an incline, with another 4 inch vertical lift? Such a useless soccer mom ******** design...

I use my truck like a truck....if I wanted a 7 seat soccer mom mobile I'd get an acadia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpd262