Rear A/C blows hot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBeast2002

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon and the A/C in the dash blows cold but the rear A/C blows warm. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this and how to fix it.

zilla68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 GMC Yukon and the A/C in the dash blows cold but the rear A/C blows warm. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this and how to fix it.

my tahoe was doing that, and there was a leak on the low side schrader valve, fixed it recharged and works good again. so basically it was low on freon.

ilmk123

Reaction score
My guess is your rear actuator is not working properly. It blends the hot and cold air. Yours is stuck on the hot side. There is was to calibrate them . I would try that first. You can find out how by searching the forum.....Scott

LittleMagic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I saw this post from last year concerning your a/c blowing cold in the front dash but hot in the rear. Did you ever get this issue resolved? I am experiencing the same problem on my 2002 GMC Yukon. And my air doesn't get very cold at all in the front when the weather is extremely hot (which is all the time here) and I don't have my foot on the gas.

I just thought I would search around and see if anyone else has had the same problem. My mechanic said something about a "switch" but I know nothing about cars but I can read and understand fairly well so I thought I would just inquire for myself since he didn't give me any more info than that.

Kind regards,

LittleMagic

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has gotten stuck before. Both times, what worked for me, was to turn the key to "on" (not started) and then back to off. Repeat this 5 times leaving the key in the "on" position for about 5 or 10 seconds each time. The blend door actuator needs to be reset I believe. I leave the rear air on auto for both fan and vent control and just leave it at 70 on the temp. If this does not work, there are some threads on here about replacing the actuator or manually resetting.

MW1013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rear A/C alternating between cold and hot

I have a 2002 Tahoe that is having some problems with the rear a/c. At first it would only blow out hot air. Up front, I was getting ice cold air. I read on the site that it could be an actuator problem where it's not moving the blend door for the temp in the rear. So I began to troubleshoot and that was the problem. I bought a new actuator and installed it. But now I have another problem. If the rear temp is set to coldest setting all the way up to 74 it will blow cold. But if I turn it all the way to hot past 74 say for heat, then it starts to alternate between hot and cold. I thought it was the new actuator and could be faulty. I took it back, got another new one and it is doing same thing. What could be causing the problem. It is a computerize climate control so was wondering, could it be a problem with the control center? Is it something wrong with the computer that needs to be reset? Bad sensor? I would greatly appreciate the help as I would like to get this fixed. Anyone else ever had this problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts