Range AFM Delete Throws P0700 & U0100 Codes on '16 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DP121

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought & installed a new Range AFM delete for my '16 Suburban with a 5.3 EcoTech and 6spd trans. I really hate the way the truck feels/drives in V4 mode. Drove the truck on a quick beer run. Worked great no V4 when trans is in "D". Next day drive out to see family, about 45 minute drive. All is fine. Leaving for home start the Burb and get a check engine light. Truck seems fine the entire drive home. So I get the handy code reader out and find two codes...P0700 and U0100. At this point I don't know what those codes mean. A quick google search reveals that P0700 is a generic code for TCM and U0100 could cause a failure resulting in short engine running times/durations. Keep in mind that I got this info off of the highly accurate internet so the code information is at the least vague. Bottom line I took the Range device out.

Today I on the way to drop my daughter off at preschool the engine light is still on Range device is out. Drop off complete get back in Burb start it up and the engine light is out/off.

Now I purchased the Range AFM delete device on Amazon and the box was not sealed up and quite worn looking. It did not have any indication of which version it is. I read on Range's web site that they were having trouble with power steering codes on the '14 & newer GM trucks, but they say that is fixed. I did not see anything about P0700 or U0100 codes. I called Range & left a msg. this morning. Haven't heard back.

I went ahead and sent it back this afternoon. I really thought that this would be the way to go for me and not worry about voiding warranty with a custom tune. I did have my '11 Silverado dino tuned and was really happy, but I always had a small fear about voiding warranty. So Range is out for me. I am now reconsidering a custom dino tune. Guess I gotta get the big boy pants on and void warranties.

Thanks for reading the long post.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daryl...I spoke to my dealer about tuning and warranty issues. They told me the only issue they have ever refused a warranty claim on was a Duramax Diesel that had the Turbo Boost run up so high that the guy had cracked pistons and a cylinder head.

I wouldn't worry about it...your real risk is not removing the tune every time you go in for service and your tune being erased. They might run a programming up date on the ECM not realizing you have a tune and wipe your tune out.

As soon as I broke 1000 miles I installed the Diablo In Tune on my 2016 Yukon along with a few of my personal tweaks. I had it in last week for an Infotainment Display failure. Before I took it in I put the stock tune back in..saving my custom tune. As soon as I got it back I re installed the custom tune...no harm..no foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons