Random misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Ok so I did the CKP variation learn. Now im starting to see misfires in the misfire data. If I bring it up to 1500 rpm no issues whatsoever nice and smooth but once I go back to idle it starts missing. Cyl 7 gets about 4 per cycle and cyl 8 gets about 6 per cycle all other cylinders randomly miss as in not every cycle

Fuel trims are st b1 -3 - 2, st b2 -3 - 1 lt b1 9 lt b2 13

I cleared the codes to reset the fuel trims again and now I'm confused. The first it reset the long term to 25 and it dropped down slowly. Today it reset them to 7 and 10 and hasn't moved. I tried clearing codes again and it didn't change anything I let it idle and checked misfires still very random and small amounts. Reved a few times to 1500 came back to fuel trims now I'm back to 9 and 13.

OP
OP
T

Timc9516

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure what happened but I thought maybe a coil for the misfire. So I swapped 8 with 4. And all my misfires went away. I got home from work that day and on my way back from the mailbox. I walked past the right front and could smell the locked up front caliper. I did front calipers and pads (didn't do rotors they are only 7000 miles old) and now my fuel mileage has shot back up and no more misfires. Probably best not to question it lol
Thanks for the help guys