Radio/Gps screen will not turn on after Lockpick GMX-322 install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FuzzyChopz

Reaction score
I installed a Lock Pick gmx-322 on my 2007 Tahoe with factory gps unit and everything was working fine. I then took it back apart to adjust switch #4 on the lockpick because it kept trying to turn on the front camera when under 8 mph but I don't have a front camera. So I attempted to put switch #4 down to disable it, to no avail. I then attmepted to reset the lockpick and radio by disconnecting the radio completely and the lock pick for about two minutes. I then put everything back together and the lockpick lit up red and the gps cd began to start spinning so everything had power. But for some reason the screen will not light up at all, it is a completely black screen. But the radio is still getting power as I can hit the eject button and it attempts to eject a cd, also the lockpick still lights up. Did I blow a fuse in one of the fuse boxes, or a fuse within the radio? Also I tried pushing and also holding the power button to turn it on with the engine running and with the key at ACC. Also no music will play either. Please tell me I didn't destroy my radio/gps. Any help is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Shortly after I posted this I went back out there to trouble shoot. I later located the problem. I disconnected the lock pick wiring harness totally and put it back to stock. The radio turned on thank god! After examing the lockpick harness I discovered one of the wire pins became dislodged from the the black connector. So I stuffed it back in there with a flathead screwdriver and it works like a charm now.

Also I discovered after changing the switches on the lock pick you have to disconnect the lockpick for 30 secs to reset it. What a hassle this was...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts