Question: ABS Light on and off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my abs Light will come on when I first start the truck and stay on until I have come to my first complete stop. then when I release the brake pedal it will come back on. I does this the first few times I brake. If I tap/pump the brakes while driving it will get the light to turn off as well but this is just the first few minutes/brakes of starting it.
Anyone know what this could be? Now I noticed a pulsating in the pedal on LIGHT braking I know my rotors are warped but could that cause the ABS to be acting up.

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ABS itself is probably fine.

It very well could be your rotors, not because they are warped, but because they are too thin (if they have been resurfaced too many times). That, or th teeth that the sensors take their reading off of on the back of the rotors could by chewed up. Last case, sensor issue, look at them and make sure they are seated all the way into the sockets they are supposed to be in.

jdawg901

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are they located can they be cleaned off

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

my light has been on a while

OP
OP
crmzendrgone

crmzendrgone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I really appreciate it.
This is my setup
4274d1258988246-spindle-mounted-speed-sensor-or-hub-mounted-100_3662.jpg

So I am not really following the rotor thought(i am a dumbing so)

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

4275d1258988246-spindle-mounted-speed-sensor-or-hub-mounted-100_3663.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

i will try to clean the sensors this weekend. What should I do to clean them(use).

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any cleaner should do the trick. Just dont use anything with a high acid content. And dont use a wire brush. Some degreaser and a rag should do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper