Pushbar suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
That came out real good! I see it relocates the two inboard sensors to the pushbar. That gives me an idea on our police Setina bars. Was there enough harness slack to relocate the sensors or did you have to make extentions?

BeyondMyMeans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for posting photos, it provides lots of White tail deer protection!
Now... "Protection" is relative. It's not a full ranch hand legend bumper (like what I have on my Ram 2500), but it is (in my opinion) the most stout brush guard for the current gen Tahoe. A deer hit will still most likely require a trip to the body shop, but the radiator is very well protected and I have confidence that it won't leave the wife and kiddos stranded in the event of an animal hit. A little bit of extra steel out front makes me feel better about possible collision with cell phone zombie drivers as well.

BeyondMyMeans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That came out real good! I see it relocates the two inboard sensors to the pushbar. That gives me an idea on our police Setina bars. Was there enough harness slack to relocate the sensors or did you have to make extentions?
There is a sensor extension kit (wire extenders) and a sensor relocation bracket (what you see the sensors in is just a rectangular tube/bar that bolts to either side of the guard). I have a local truck/off-road shop that does REALLY good work, they ordered the parts from a local distributor and did the install. Initially, the relocation bracket was the wrong part (about an inch too short) and they ended up having to order the correct part direct from ranch hand in Texas.

I'm sure you could give ranch hand a call and they would be able to help.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
There is a sensor extension kit (wire extenders) and a sensor relocation bracket (what you see the sensors in is just a rectangular tube/bar that bolts to either side of the guard). I have a local truck/off-road shop that does REALLY good work, they ordered the parts from a local distributor and did the install. Initially, the relocation bracket was the wrong part (about an inch too short) and they ended up having to order the correct part direct from ranch hand in Texas.

I'm sure you could give ranch hand a call and they would be able to help.
Cool thanks for the info. I'll check into into. See if i can retro them into a setina for the pd. Thanks again.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
Would of loved to have a push bar today in traffic for this ass clown that almost slammed into the side of me, then cut me off, AND THEN was brake checking me...just sayin'. Ok, resume "normal" conditions for a push bar LOL.
My kids keep asking my wife and about putting pushbumper on our 2500 sub. We say yes it be nice, then we so no because we would absolutely start ramming the idots that can't drive. Haha

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kids keep asking my wife and about putting pushbumper on our 2500 sub. We say yes it be nice, then we so no because we would absolutely start ramming the idots that can't drive. Haha
...yeah, we have a "few" of those drivers here in Fl as you know.

AliBaba

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info. I'll check into into. See if i can retro them into a setina for the pd. Thanks again.
I'm interested to hear if you found a solution for the sensors. I have the PB400 on my Yukon XL AT4 and have not found a solution yet. I tried getting the brackets from Black Horse but that was a joke and 3 months later they still have not refunded me. Ended up filing a BBB claim.

Attachments

• IMG_2862.jpeg
    IMG_2862.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
I'm interested to hear if you found a solution for the sensors. I have the PB400 on my Yukon XL AT4 and have not found a solution yet. I tried getting the brackets from Black Horse but that was a joke and 3 months later they still have not refunded me. Ended up filing a BBB claim.
I researched the Ranchhand site and found the brackets they use. They also had wiring extensions to help relocate the sensors from the bumber to the pushbumper. I have not purchased any. Price seem to be reasonable if I recall. I am not sure if they will be a bolt on to any other manufacturers pushbumber might need some modification. I passed the info along to my upfit vendor. He was supposed to check into it but every time he called he got voicemail. It would be worth a try. But get on Ranch hands site, search grille gaurds for tahoes, then search for front camera and crash sensor compatibility. It was hard to find but was available. I dont recall part numbers. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts