ProComp AT Sport vs DC FunCountry vs MT Baja ATZ p3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
So its time to ditch these 265/70r17 Firestone tires that came with my Yukon XL and will be upgrading to 285/70r17 (33x11.5) tires. I already have the leveling kit installed so I hope i dont have much trouble with a 33" tire. I really want to fix the look of this Yukon and it looks pretty weak in its 4x4 stock format and next up is the tires. Does anybody have any thoughts / experience with these 3 tires on their Yukon / Tahoe?

Ive been looking at 3 different tires. (I am going to include current prices for future reference so people know if they have gone up / down).

ProComp AT Sport:
Speed Rating 99mph Q
Load Rading D
Weight 60lbs
Tread Depth 16.8/32
Price: $217.49

pro-comp-at-sport-43512520-35x1250-Tires.jpg

Dick Cepek Fun Country:
Speed Rating 99mph Q
Load Rading E
Weight 59lbs
Tread Depth 18.5/32
Price: $227.99

MTFC.jpg

Micky Thompson Baja ATZ P3
Speed Rating 99mph Q
Load Rading E
Weight 59lbs
Tread Depth 18.5/32
Price: $209.99

baja_atz_p3.jpg

dross99_si

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the BFG KO2? We have them on our other SUV and have been very happy with them.
The KM2 looks pretty good as well.

Last edited:

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Mickey Thompson are good but don't have a long life. I have them on the winter beater. I will post pics when I can.

OP
OP
E

EnigmaMan

Reaction score
Have you looked into the BFG KO2? We have them on our other SUV and have been very happy with them.
The KM2 looks pretty good as well.

Yeah I have looked at them - they are a pretty decent tire but not aggressive enough for what I want :)
I did have the Fun Country II's on a Duramax Diesel I had and they were pretty awesome tires.
Just curious if anybody has had much luck with these.

Thanks for the info #1Taho! - Good to know as I do want to get some mileage out of these. I am hoping also with the load range D/E and the deeper tread - I might get more mileage out of them.

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MT's Baja ATZ SLT's have lasted me 4 years and counting. Still have 13/32 on them which is still over half tread. Side wall looks like a MT with the side bitters they have, but the traction is amazing. Love them.