Power Folding Mirror Fix The Hard Way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the GruvenParts.com "Option 1 -$89.99" because I'm a glutton for punishment :) and I'm cheap. GruvenParts.com offers an easier way, but it costs more $$$.

The first mirror took me forever because I couldn't find a good Utube video on the subject(I found 3 bad ones) and I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. GruvenPart.com instructions are 24 pages long. A NOVEL. You can see the old oem broken gear and the new brass gear.
View media item 27492

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look complicated Now a CD/dvd drive is way more complicated

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a super cheap donor mirror on Facebook for $25. I did a direct swap of the entire motor assembly and I have power fold back again. Once I took the donor mirror apart, taking the second mirror apart was easy. I'm glad I didn't need to take the motor apart. I'm sure it'll go out again at some point, but not a bad solution for $25 and 30 minutes.

Evil Wayz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced both side on my 08 LTZ and now they do fold sometimes.... but not every time. Has anyone had a wiring issue? My gear was toast on the pass side btw. So they both worked great twice. Now they both are intermittent.
Any info? I work for ups so my time is limited to be doing a needle in the haystack search. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan