Possible carbon monoxide intrusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like a convenient way to get out from under a loan to me, especially given something like that happening is relatively unheard of unless it's a ford ppv
what do you have to back up your claim? if the exhaust system is ok then I am going have to call b.s. on this one. air circulation on these truck enters from the front right side and by default air is sent inside the vehicle to the floor by your feet and exits out the back above the tail lights thru vents. co is lighter than air if it was trapped anywhere it would be near the ceiling, the rear vents are high up, chances of co being trapped inside are nill even if it was entering somehow. have you checked your home or workplace instead? are you leaving it running in the garage? nothing else makes any sense.

LeAnne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
sounds like a convenient way to get out from under a loan to me, especially given something like that happening is relatively unheard of unless it's a ford ppv
what do you have to back up your claim? if the exhaust system is ok then I am going have to call b.s. on this one. air circulation on these truck enters from the front right side and by default air is sent inside the vehicle to the floor by your feet and exits out the back above the tail lights thru vents. co is lighter than air if it was trapped anywhere it would be near the ceiling, the rear vents are high up, chances of co being trapped inside are nill even if it was entering somehow. have you checked your home or workplace instead? are you leaving it running in the garage? nothing else makes any sense.
That’s so rude (the comment about trying to get out of a loan.) My home, my work all have CO detectors and I installed new ones as well as placed one in my car. The car CO went off. I have 3 ER visits, 3 urgent care visits, and an ambulance bill plus more and I just got the vehicle 4 months ago. I’m getting a different vehicle which means a whole new large loan for the same amount. I’ve already made principal payments to the current. That’s so silly. CO registered in my car and in my blood and it’s all documented by the urgent care, hospital, and fire department. I’m lucky to be alive. Prayers to you that you enjoy the one life you get. Mine has been put into perspective and I thank God I’m alive to hug and squeeze my babies tonight. May you never ever find yourself in this situation ever and may more joy and optimism fill your life. I’m here to warn others and clearly there are other testimonies written.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this would be the first CO poisoning I have heard of in these vehicles so I’m curious as to any outcome you might share with us. Following.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s so rude (the comment about trying to get out of a loan.) My home, my work all have CO detectors and I installed new ones as well as placed one in my car. The car CO went off. I have 3 ER visits, 3 urgent care visits, and an ambulance bill plus more and I just got the vehicle 4 months ago. I’m getting a different vehicle which means a whole new large loan for the same amount. I’ve already made principal payments to the current. That’s so silly. CO registered in my car and in my blood and it’s all documented by the urgent care, hospital, and fire department. I’m lucky to be alive. Prayers to you that you enjoy the one life you get. Mine has been put into perspective and I thank God I’m alive to hug and squeeze my babies tonight. May you never ever find yourself in this situation ever and may more joy and optimism fill your life. I’m here to warn others and clearly there are other testimonies written.
I'm just calling it like I see it, post up a video, lets see some solid proof, did you report it to gm? just to the dealer? did they do anything to test for co?
a trip in the ambulance because of co in the vehicle would certainly raise some eyebrows with gm don't you think?

Last edited:

LeAnne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm just calling it like I see it, post up a video, lets see some solid proof, did you make a report to the NHTSA? did you report it to gm? just to the dealer? did they do anything to test for co?
a trip in the ambulance because of co in the vehicle would certainly raise some eyebrows with gm don't you think?
It’s an unfolding situation with the outcome still pending. I don’t owe you anything nor do I cater to internet arrogance. It’s stated in my previous post that that NHTSA have been informed. The dealer and myself will be working with GM.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s an unfolding situation with the outcome still pending. I don’t owe you anything nor do I cater to internet arrogance. It’s stated in my previous post that that NHTSA have been informed. The dealer and myself will be working with GM.
don't forget to follow up later with what the issue turned out to be.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I agree...I think we’re all curious as to the outcome of this and would like to hear when all is said and done.

I just did a quick search on CO poisoning and found this:

“Causes
Household appliances, such as gas fires, boilers, central heating systems, water heaters, cookers, and open fires which use gas, oil, coal and wood may be possible sources of CO gas. It happens when the fuel does not burn fully.

Running a car engine in an enclosed space can cause CO poisoning.

If household appliances are well serviced and used safely, they should produce negligible quantities of CO gas. Using old appliances, and not servicing them frequently, leads to a higher risk of CO emission.

Here are some other causes of CO gas emission and buildup:

Smoking cigarettes causes blood levels of CO to rise.

• Leaving a car in a closed garage with its engine running can produce deadly amounts of CO within 10 minutes.
  • Burning charcoal produces CO gas.
  • Blocked flues and chimneys can stop CO from escaping.
  • Fumes from certain paint removers and cleaning fluids can cause CO poisoning.
Products that contain methylene chloride (dichloromethane) should be handled with care, because methylene chloride turns into CO when it is breathed in.”

Are you sure it’s not anything else?

LeAnne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree...I think we’re all curious as to the outcome of this and would like to hear when all is said and done.

I just did a quick search on CO poisoning and found this:

“Causes
Household appliances, such as gas fires, boilers, central heating systems, water heaters, cookers, and open fires which use gas, oil, coal and wood may be possible sources of CO gas. It happens when the fuel does not burn fully.

Running a car engine in an enclosed space can cause CO poisoning.

If household appliances are well serviced and used safely, they should produce negligible quantities of CO gas. Using old appliances, and not servicing them frequently, leads to a higher risk of CO emission.

Here are some other causes of CO gas emission and buildup:

Smoking cigarettes causes blood levels of CO to rise.

• Leaving a car in a closed garage with its engine running can produce deadly amounts of CO within 10 minutes.
  • Burning charcoal produces CO gas.
  • Blocked flues and chimneys can stop CO from escaping.
  • Fumes from certain paint removers and cleaning fluids can cause CO poisoning.
Products that contain methylene chloride (dichloromethane) should be handled with care, because methylene chloride turns into CO when it is breathed in.”

Are you sure it’s not anything else?

I’m positive it’s the vehicle. I have 4 CO sensors at home. I was bringing a portable CO sensor to work when it accidentally registered the CO in my car. I didn’t suspect my car until the sensor showed it. I thought it was my work place honestly, which had sensors already, but I was going to add my own new one. My work was actually negative with my CO sensors too as well as there own. My home is newer. We don’t use our garage for our vehicles at all. I even stuck new CO sensors in our garage, kitchen, every part of the house, etc. just to be safe. We already had existing working ones that communicate with a monitoring service. I don’t use chemicals. If I clean, it’s pretty organic stuff... soap and water, essential oils, etc.

I wasn’t sure of the source and started looking for it after a doctor suspected it. I received treatment for my elevated CO levels. They were medically recorded down to 1% the day before I got the vehicle back from the shop. I got the vehicle back, spent about 35 minutes driving in it, got the exact same symptoms (CO poisoning) again and my levels were measured while symptomatic at 8% by the fire department. I received oxygen and they came down to 6%. I went to the hospital per their recommendation for still being symptomatic and transported myself and my levels were 9% there. Treated with oxygen for about two hours and levels down to 0%. Had the car brought back to the dealer by someone else and no I haven’t had any symptoms since. Interestingly enough, the person who drove it reported a headache after.

I’ve owned this vehicle about 4 months, and my symptoms started around that time and have been ongoing since (looking back at all the doctor visits it makes sense.) I have multiple medical visits, just didn’t know why the symptoms were happening. With covid lockdown and working from home, I wasn’t driving very often.

Here’s the ppm reading I got from my car CO sensor when I wasn’t expecting it. I’m not malicious and I don’t plan to rake GM through the mud. I just want this known and to hopefully save someone’s life if the situation is ever occurring to someone else. I spent months being ill from chronic low exposure and it’s the worse thing ever.

Like you, I am in disbelief. I couldn’t understand how it was happening. I cried having to bring my vehicle back. I fell in love with this vehicle. It was everything I wanted and I’ve paid extra into principal. Now, I have to start all over again loan wise plus medical debt. I’m going to give another Chevy a chance because we own a Yukon and have never had issues with it. But, I’m happy to be alive and I pray my future health isn’t impaired.

The dealership is a great one and I fully respect them. They are going above and beyond. They are taking the matter serious and turning all their attention to try and sort out how it’s happening. It’s their vehicle now and I’m confident they will sort it out. I’m too traumatized to ever be back in it.

My mind is very scientific and that’s the type of career field I’m in. If I get answers, I will openly share with you. Thank you for all of your expertise and feedback. I’ve never had something like this happen before and my whole goal was to research, find if it happened to others, and prevent future harm to another.

D37307C2-25F2-46F8-B693-3C3D51533EDA.jpeg DEC34BDF-0E51-460F-A98F-A54E581114E6.jpeg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
After reading this thread It made me think. I commute 1.5 hrs at to times and sometimes get sleepy. So I just bought me a CO monitor to check all my cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz