Poor Sirius/XM reception

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a similar issue with my Suburban where it drops out in one particular location by my house. However, it also occurs in my Ford Fusion as well.

nedac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Following up on my last post.. reception is better, but still extremely frustrating. I suspect that the buffer is too small on the hardware. GM should be ashamed of putting this junk in a $70K+ automobile.

CanadianTahoe2016

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Signal drops out on my 2016 Tahoe. Just got it a month ago. No T-Mobile cell towers near me in Canada.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following up on my last post.. reception is better, but still extremely frustrating. I suspect that the buffer is too small on the hardware. GM should be ashamed of putting this junk in a $70K+ automobile.

In the last generation they had the ability to ‘pause’ the radio. I assume this means they had a very large buffer/memory. Perhaps eliminating that feature also pulled the memory...wonder what reception was like on the last gen?

itsbo1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and have good reception 99% of the time. The T-mobile map doesn't correlate to my drop offs. Reception was terrible in my 2005 burb.

nedac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In the last generation they had the ability to ‘pause’ the radio. I assume this means they had a very large buffer/memory. Perhaps eliminating that feature also pulled the memory...wonder what reception was like on the last gen?

I had a 2011 Tahoe... absolutely no problems at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE