Play DVD on front Nav?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6OhDenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry for this being my 1st post..been searching and cant find an answer. Picked up an 05 Denali a couple months ago and have been cleaning her up nice and working on figuring things out about it.

Long story short, going for a multiple state trip this weekend and was wondering if there is ANY way the front factory Nav will play a dvd movie? Its for the front passenger, yes i know its illegal to play video up front. The kids will watch their "minions" movie on the RSE but the wife would love to watch something up front. Any help would be great!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. The factory nav doesn't support DVD movie format. The only thing that DVD drive on the headunit does is house and read the nav dvd. I had the same though when I picked up my 2006 and it had the factory nav head unit. But not so lucky.

Stewart Houston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Along that thought...

I recently bought a 2015 tahoe and want to mirror my iPhone screen on my in car display.

I looked at the stuff MVI is selling....but paying $575 for what amounts to a wiring harness seems a bit steep to me.

Any other way to 'mod' the factory MyLink system?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite