planning on paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pm atomic and clean 95...member clean 95 painted his car in the open with a gun.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha thanks Falcon.. Umm well first things first. If you did the lacquer paint job, i would suggest getting clear coat for sure! UV rays will wash that out. Another thing, having a 4door hoe, requires more paint then whats in that listing, i used about 2 gallons. Probably a little less, but you never want to take the chance of running out while your spraying.

Lacquer is pretty outdated, since everything now is waterbased and Urethane. You going to need alot of materials and money for this paint job. A couple main tools youll need of the top of my head

-Air compressor that can give your enought psi all the way through the job (needs to be the same psi because if it isnt, color will change!)
-Good spray gun ( i recommend atleast a HVLP something) Devilbiss is decent for the money
-sand paper
masking tape
blocks
paint sticks, strainers, geez idk. lol theres soo much
haha idk just ask questions, id be better at that then just throwing random shit out at you.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i would always rather go to a local paint store and check out the color difference there (because all computer screens are going to shoot out a different color then what the paint chips look like)

But heres a website.
http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/HRF296.aspx
Ive never dealt with them, its 140bucks a gallon (urethane with the harder and reducer) still going to need more then that and the clear, but im sure its better quality..

Ive heard of a brand called Hot rodz or something like that, that is very well known, i cant find em via internet right now

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yes, but do they work? not really. Clear on the paintjob does more then you think. Stops from harmful UV rays in getting into the base coat and washing out the color, provides a "cushion" for rocks and other debris hitting your car and not nicking the paint as bad, keeps the scratches out of the basecoat, mirror finish etc etc... Idk im just partial to clear lol Im not a fan of single stage paints, i only use them on throw a way cars or quick sales.. :Handshake: