Painting Stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever painted their stock 2wd tahoe wheels with the Duplicolor Wheel paint? If so do you have any pictures or advise about using it.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just prep the wheels correctly and you wont have any problems with anything u put on em, well i wouldnt say anything but prepping right is the key!

Chrislovessushi

Murderedish
Reaction score
I painted mine with duplicolor. I sanded with 800 or 650 grit (cant remember) and washed them with degreaser, then taped and painted. Make sure you wash the tires with degreaser as well so the tape will stick. I did 4 or 5 light coats and two coats of clear. Clear is pretty important for sealing and protecting, also I'd use either duplicolor or rustoleum wheel paint, or rustoleum engine paint, anything that can withstand high temperatures, otherwise you'll be way more likely to peel...although I painted my tail pipe with krylon fusion and havnt had any problems...but I did seal it with duplicolor clear wheel coat. Anyways, good luck and post pics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts