Paint touch ups and rust repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working this am on wet sanding with 600. Spent a bunch of time blocking with 400 so this step is going much easier. I dust some black primer on and it’s easy to see where you’ve sanded and areas that need more.

Getting excited. Mostly all masked off. Booth is pretty much done. IMG_5734.jpegIMG_5733.jpeg

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took down the booth removed about 4 rolls of tape lol. And took it for a rip. Haven’t drivin it since February. Was hell fun. You can smoke the tires easy with this duramax. Acceleration from 40-90 is awesome. Any who. So glad this is almost done. IMG_5739.jpegIMG_5740.jpegIMG_5744.jpeg

belair62

Reaction score
Looks good. Contemplating giving my rear wheel well lips a go myself. Was going to use Bushwacker Z71 flares to just cover it up but damn they are 700 per set now. I could have sworn they were 500 last month

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took down the booth removed about 4 rolls of tape lol. And took it for a rip. Haven’t drivin it since February. Was hell fun. You can smoke the tires easy with this duramax. Acceleration from 40-90 is awesome. Any who. So glad this is almost done. View attachment 402587View attachment 402588View attachment 402589
When the temp paint booth comes down, you know its smoke show time :)
Man it looks so damn good. Are taking any new customers? Because I want you to do all the body work on mine;)
Diesels are so fun haha

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the temp paint booth comes down, you know its smoke show time :)
Man it looks so damn good. Are taking any new customers? Because I want you to do all the body work on mine;)
Diesels are so fun haha
This wore me out,started Feb 1 i think.Some days you walk buy it and nope,dont want to do anything.Learned a lot.Ill probably sell this truck.Diesel is cool but for a daily its a bit much.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez been a while. Life gets in the way. Have one side complete. Rockers cab corner and wheel arch. Have the other side all sanded and ready for paint. Hopefully this weekend.
On my first attempt to spray base coat I had everything ready. Laid down on my back to spray the rocker and bam Huge run. Man was I pissed. Had to call it a day and sand it off the next day.
What a fabulous way to rig up a paint booth in the garage. I'll have to do something similar when the time finally comes for one of mine to need paint.

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a fabulous way to rig up a paint booth in the garage. I'll have to do something similar when the time finally comes for one of mine to need paint.
static is a problem,cutting and buffing is next so all the dust nibs will flatten .I know off one dog hair embedded in the clear so far.:)

OP
OP
tungsten

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sanded and buffed. Picked up a rotary polisher with a wool pad as my DA one with foam wasn’t cutting it. lol. The rotary does a much better job.
A lot of work sanding 1000,1200,1500 and 2000. I removed about 75% of the orange peel with 1000. 1200 got almost all of the rest. 1500 and 2000 goes much easier as it’s pretty flat by then.
Will drive it for a bit and probably sell. Not sure what’s next. IMG_5794.jpegIMG_5793.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667