Paint Issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck in getting GM to do paint repairs. Like everyone else I am sure my door guards and behind the rear wheels are just fading horribly. I keep my truck clean: washing, waxing, and polishing it properly.

Just want to know how others have handled this situation before I try to tackle it. Don't really want to argue with the dealer which I know will happen. I would rather contact GM directly.

Let me know what you guys think, or if anyone has a GM hotline I can call that would be good.

07Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did. But it was for rust in both the rear doors on my 07' Denali.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont really have first hand experience on this, however I think you should consult a third party paintshop for this. Get there word on it. Make them say that its a factory defect and the paint isnt suppose to fade the way it does. since this is a professional standpoint with proof, the dealership will have less to argue about. If you go in there without talking to a professional first, the dealership will probably say that it is due to corrosive material when you wash the car etc. They are not gonna want to spend money on a car especially when they are not making a whole lot these days. I wish you luck and hope my opinion helped alittle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperdadman