Oxygen Sensors Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
When is it time to change the Oxygen sensors ? Should they all be changed or just the ones on the manifolds? I have an 01 5.3 Yukon with 102K on the clock

Why do you ask?

Are you asking because you have codes? If so which codes?

These guys that dont know shit like to laugh about questions like this but 02 sensors do get less accurate as the miles climb and it is actually a good thing to fork up some money at about 100K for 4 02 sensors rather that having to have to pay for 2 new cats and the labor cost to replace them (and if youve gone that far, 4 new 02 sensors). Your engine will run better and everything in the combustion chamber on downstream will benefit from it.

The ones on the manifolds measure air/fuel mixture and the PCM responds by way of fuel trim. The ones after the cats only measure cat efficiency.

Last edited:

missta

Reaction score
I have cel and replaced all o2 sensors....light went off after driving about 10 miles. Then back on. I need to go back through inspection and im stuck

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

O2 tahoe 5.3

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have cel and replaced all o2 sensors....light went off after driving about 10 miles. Then back on. I need to go back through inspection and im stuck

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

O2 tahoe 5.3

What code(s) you got?

missta

Reaction score
P0430

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

On initial inspection i had code p0137 and p0153. My brother changed one of the sensors. Codes still present. I order 3 more sensors and had those installed. 1st 2 codes disappeared and now its p0430. I believe that the sensor changed by my brother was changed again and 1 old sensor is still there. I am going to purchase 1 more sensor and have the same guy do the work so he knows what was changed and what he hasn't changed.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Im just praying its not the converters. I just renewed my insurance and cant afford that right now. I have to get it through inspection or face failure to make repairs tickets at 145.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz