Ordering a Cargo Security Shade, drop-in fitment ?.. or

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could see the extra slot for the ESV/Suburban/YXL but hadn’t thought of that.
Suburban, ESV and YXL have 4 slots for the security shade, one pair that lines up with the 3rd row seats backs.. then another pair approx 22 inches closer towards the front :thumbsup:

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the gap too narrow, what do you mean by that? The vinyl shade rubs the plastic interior walls?
Unfortunately I haven't made it that far, I'm still having trouble mounting the shade.

Each end of the shade is a cap that's under spring tension and have a protruding male nub that corresponds with our SUV's female indentations built into our SUV's walls (photos 2 and 3) but unfortunately my aftermarket shade has wrong shape male-nubs.

When pushed in, the end caps depress about an inch each in order to drop-into the SUV's corresponding slots (photos 4 and 5).. but my 2023 Suburban inside walls are a half-inch narrower than the shade's fully-retracted width, so the shade is too wide even when caps are fully recessed.. last photo shows it will not drop into the Suburban's wall slot.

LQRCXbwl.jpg

OrnDV5Zl.jpg

i9pPEL0l.jpg
NAzCYC7l.jpg

RYK1OLll.jpg

kKoLWmBl.jpg

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH well that's pathetic! If you're having this problem then I imagine every single buyer is, but that's impossible if it has a positive rating! Maybe consult with the seller. Maybe it's just a chinese manufacturing defect considering their lack of QC.

OP
OP
GoNoGo

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the manufacturer incorrectly labeled the package and this shade fits another vehicle.

I did considered relocating the limit screws inward a half-inch on each side as to allow the end caps to depress further in, but was still concerned that the cap's square protrusions would actually fit the Suburban's teardrop-shaped receptacles.

All in all, was easy-peezy to print off a label, tape to the box and UPS swing by the house to gather the box and return.. Amazon already refunded my card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz